Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 2016 – 2020
The objective of this Scheme is to encourage and promote Skill Development for the youth throughout the country.
- Enable and mobilize a large number youth to take up industry designed quality skill training, become employable and earn their livelihood
- Increase productivity of the existing workforce, and align skill training with the actual needs of the country
- Encourage standardization of the Certification process and put in place the foundation for creating a registry of skills
- Benefit 10 million youth over the period of 4 years to the tune of Rs.6000 Cr (2016 – 20)
NSDC partners have been identified to deliver these skill courses across the country.
Key features of the Scheme:
- Skill training and certification to approximately 10 million youth in a span of four years
- Scheme is applicable to any candidate of Indian nationality who are Unemployed youth, school/college dropouts and possesses an Valid Aadhar Card and a Bank Account
- Training shall be provided only at the approved Centres. Training Centers will be required to undergo the centre accreditation and affiliation process
- Centres will ensure standardized and approved branding norms
- Based on the Center Capacity, Targets will be allotted for 3/6 Months or 1 Year
- Minimum of 200 Hours of training to be provided. Daily 4-8 Hours
- Assessments will be conducted by SSC nominated Agency
- Only Certified Trainer can conduct training
- Minimum of 70% students should be provided placements
- JA has aligned its training content and courses to the NOS (National Occupational Standards) and QP (Qualification Packs) for the job roles described
- Biometric Devices for capturing student and trainers’ attendance (Aadhaar enabled) shall be mandatory at the PMKVY Centre’s
- Assessments of the candidates will be conducted by agencies appointed by the Sector Skills Council (SSC)
- The payouts will be affected through bank transfer to the Beneficiaries’ and Training Partners accounts
- The administration of the program will be done online through a software SDMS (Skill Development Management Solution) where the data of students trained, batch start date, end date, attendance etc. will be maintained.
- EduJobs Academy is looking for partners who have the passion, competency and the infrastructure to deliver the courses.
- The partners will have to go through the due diligence process before signing up.
- The detailed MOU and terms and conditions will be shared with partners.
Two ways for Partnering:
- Infrastructure Partnership
- Knowledge Partnership (Franchisee)
Please find below the Roles & Responsibilities of Partnership